With the Invitation of James McGillivray for this month T-SQL Tuesday about taking a break when you’re stuck at home, I would like share some tips of how I manage stress by taking breaks.
It is a challenging time for each one of us during this pandemic. It is very important to be mentally strong during these hard times. Below are some of the tips I followed to take a break when we are stuck in home
- Reading moral stories to kids. Kids really enjoy me reading for them. As I explain the moral values to them, I learn along with them. This will instantly calm me down and make me think the wider perspective of life.
- I love arts and crafts. I love shopping for the material to make any new crafts from the ideas I have since long time. Putting something in action and seeing the craft coming out the way you saw in your mind gives so much satisfaction. Below picture is one of the crafts I made “3D wall Garden”.
3. I listen to David Goggins (Former navy seal) podcasts. He explains how a person can be mentally strong and how much a human being can accomplish just by changing the way we look at life. I started reading his book “Can’t Hurt Me”. This book has already changed me. I learned how to be mentally strong during the hardest times of life.
4. Watching thriller movies. I love watching thriller movies as they take me to a complete different world for few hours. Its a true refreshment.
5. Spending some time myself with a cup of coffee. No distractions with any social media, mobile phones or TV. Solely, its a self time. This is the best time to analyze how our mind wanders around. Controlling mind chattering is very important for mental health. Watching the thoughts pass through the mind freely and with mindfulness is like a meditation.
These are some of the tips I follow to take a break, I would love to see the tips from other participants for this month T-SQL Tuesday!