With the Invitation of Mikey Bronowski for this month T-SQL Tuesday Tools of the Trade, I would like share some useful tools that make my job easier:
- OBS Studio: This is a free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. I mostly prerecord my sessions using OBS. I personally love this tool as we have pretty much good content on YouTube that teach us how to use this tool.
- SentryOne Plan Explorer: Plan explorer is an amazing tool to analyze your execution plan and tune your queries very quickly. Its completely free.
- SQL Search: It is a free search for databases. If you need to find any specific object/column or any string on any database on the server, this tool is very useful. I use SQL search regularly.
- SQL Compare: SQL compare tool is very useful to compare the database schema and data between environments. I use this tool regularly.
- SQLQueryStress: It is a lightweight performance testing tool, designed to load test individual queries. I personally use this tool for my demos and testing any queries for performance.
- Zoomit: ZoomIt is a free screen zoom and annotation tool for presentations. I use it regulary and I am sure most of the speakers already know about the tool.
- Diffchecker: A very useful too to compare code/documents.
- Adobe Lightroom: This is a photo editing tool which I personally liked. It is professional and used by many photographers across the world.
- Free Download Manager: I use this tool for my downloads. It is much faster to download files. I use this tool especially for YouTube downloads. If you need to download the playlists at a time in a single shot, this tool is really useful. It is completely free.
- Nimbus Screenshot: It is a chrome extension. This tool is really useful when you wanted to take the screenshot of entire page. You can select the area you wanted to take the screenshot by scrolling the page. Very useful.
These are some of the useful tools I use regularly. I would also like to see the list of the tools others feel useful. I would love to start using those tools as well.